Not done a recipe for a while so why not
let’s give brekkie a go As you know brekkie IS KEY……on a metabolic, neurotransmitter,hormonal, health, energy and FAT loss level. And one of the keys to a great brekkie is the inclusion of Protein (plus veggies) (which originates from the Greek word ‘Proteos’…
meaning ‘first one’ or ‘of primary importance’!! but you knew that didn’t you…?!)
so it needs to be of primary importance when it comes to your nutrition & defo breakfast.
So…if you dont fancy steak (my fav) then here are a couple of different options to try:
Broccoli, spring onion and bacon frittata
Time: 10 mins
1 head of broccoli 2 tbsp olive oil
4 spring onions
4 rashers streaky bacon 4 eggs
Parmesan cheese (optional) Salt and pepper
1) Pre-heat the grill to its highest setting.
Blanch the broccoli in water then drain well.
2) Heat the oil in a large frying pan and sauté
the chopped bacon and chopped spring onions
until golden then add the broccoli.
3) Pour the beaten eggs into the pan,
drawing the egg from the sides into the centre,
until set underneath.
4) Sprinkle with grated Parmesan and finish
under the grill.
NB: This dish can be made vegetarian by omitting the bacon.
Salmon and Courgette Fritters
Serves : 1
3 tbsp ground almonds 50g smoked salmon
½ a courgette grated
½ tbsp chopped dill Salt and Pepper Olive oil
Small knob of butter
1) Whisk the egg with the ground almonds.
2) Add the smoked salmon, courgette, dill, salt and pepper to taste. Mix until well combined.
3) Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a frying pan, add the mixture and cook for 3- 4 minutes on each side.
Towards the end of cooking, add the butter
and spoon over the fritters to glaze.